SUBMITTING TO RAVE THEATER FESTIVAL
***Submissions for Rave Theater Festival are now closed for 2019***
We believe the world is a better place if there’s more theater in it. So we created a platform for more theater productions to be produced.
We will be selecting roughly 20 plays, musicals, multimedia and cross-disciplinary projects, and family shows, which will each receive up to five performances at one of our partner theaters.
All Rave Theater Festival participants will receive:
- Theater space for up to 5 performances over the course of the 3-week festival, with the possibility of extension
- Basic lighting and sound equipment
- Front of house staff
- Tech rehearsal
- Technical director
- A marketing and press workshop
- Ticketing platform and box office management
- Recommendations of professional collaborators to help complete your team, including creatives, press or marketing offices, dramaturges, or technical staff
- Complimentary tickets to attend other festival shows on a space available basis
On this page you’ll find everything you need to know about the festival before you submit including how to submit, what you get out of Rave Theater Festival, and information on eligibility and fees.
Rave Theater Festival will take place at the Clemente Soto Velez Cultural Center in their Teatro SEA and Teatro LaTea Theaters. The theatres are located at 107 Suffolk Street, Manhattan, New York.
OUR SUBMISSIONS PROCESS
- All submissions must now be received by April 24th, 2019 at midnight for consideration for our August 2019 festival.
- Our submission process is aimed at discovering diverse new shows with the highest caliber of writing and creativity. Our team of application readers will read all script submissions blind to ensure that the merits of each script are evaluated on the writing and concept alone, and not influenced by any other factors such as the author’s institutional affiliation, reputation, gender identity, race, ethnicity, religion, abilities, age, sexual preference or orientation. The top scoring submissions will then advance to our jury of industry professionals, who will read the script and consider the application as a whole.
- Finalists will be notified via email the week of April 29th. Notices of acceptance will be emailed out the week of May 6th. The festival participation fee of $995 and signed participants’ agreement is due no later than May 16th.
HOW TO SUBMIT
SIGN UP TO RECEIVE THE SUBMISSION APPLICATION:
Upon signing up below, you will receive an email with next steps on how to complete your application and pay the $49 application fee. Below is an outline of the items needed for your submission.